Monday 30 January 2012

Staff Profile: Shwele

Shwele at Afterschool Club. 
This is Shwele Gumede, our community coordinator who has been working with us since February 2011.

While living in Khula, Shwele saw African Impact working in the community and decided she wanted to work for the organisation. Although she loves all aspects of the projects she works on, her favourite parts are the creche and Afterschool Club.

"I love to play with the children, that's my favourite part," says Shwele, "I like working with the community, I like helping people - that's what I love."

Shwele feels that projects like Afterschool Club make a difference in the community by helping children who are orphaned to have fun, show their talents like dancing and singing and to learn new skills. Shwele thinks that making the kids laugh and being with them at Afterschool Club is one of the best parts of her job.

In the future, Shwele hopes to continue working for people who need the support in her community.

"I've seen people who need help and African Impact helps them and it's what I like - helping people."

No comments:

Post a Comment