Sunday 26 February 2012

Staff Profile: Sofie

Sofie volunteered with African Impact Antelope Park in 2009 after studying a semester at University of Cape Town. A year after finishing her degree in Service Management back at home (Sweden), she decided that she wanted to go back to Africa.


She felt that she wanted to make a difference, working with grass-root level projects. "Many people try and do small things from far away, which is amazing, but I wanted to be where it was actually happening." 


Sofie is now the Business Manager of the St Lucia projects and together with her amazing team tries to lead, empower and educate the people in her surroundings in order to improve their life in many different ways. She hopes that most people can feel the love for their job like she does, a lot thanks to her team members and all the volunteers coming to help.


"I am proud that I grabbed the opportunity to leave my everyday life in Sweden, pack up my belongings and move where I felt better needed."


She loves the vibrant atmosphere and culture surrounding her down here and wish that everyone have the opportunity to experience it at least once in their life. 


"To be able to live in this beautiful part of the world meanwhile helping the people most in need is something that I wake up grateful for every day."

No comments:

Post a Comment