Sunday 8 February 2015

African Impact St Lucia 2015!

Hey everyone,

Here in St Lucia we are a new team ready for all the exciting project developments and new opportunities that await us in 2015!

I would like to introduce our wonderful new Business Manager Sianne Pedder from Tasmania, Lorna Bonnington the new Project Manager from Scotland, Alyse Umbinetti the Volunteer Coordinator from Seattle and our new THAF intern Andrea Martinez from Colombia! Our incredible Zulu team members are Mumsy our cook/housekeeper/coordinator, Nonhlanhla our Community Coordinator, Nokwethemba our Education Coordinator, Shwele our Healthcare Coordinator and Patricia our housekeeper/cook who is currently on maternity leave. So our diverse international team is looking forward to working together this year on developing our projects and bringing new ideas to our operations here in the beautiful St Lucia. This blog is a forum for us to share with supporters, past volunteers and friends what is happening on the ground here in St Lucia.

I would like to start the year by sharing the summary one of our current volunteers gave on his experience during his first week on our Orphan Daycare and HIV Education Project 


African Impact: Changing Lives One Experience At A Time

By: Brian Cockman, Volunteer, January 25 – February 8, 2015
African Impact uses Explore, Inspire, Impact as part of its tagline, but after one week of volunteering in St. Lucia, South Africa, I can tell you it’s so much more. Each of these words is brought to life through daily programming where volunteers can work alongside the community in order to affect positive change. Activities like working with children in the local crèches (daycares) and participating in HIV / AIDS prevention groups to learning about local Zulu customs and meeting people from all over the world, African Impact delivers.  
 
My first week I focused on education, which is one of several tracks you can select, and taught young children their ABCs, how to count, and several other enrichment activities aimed at making these young people more comfortable in using English. While at the Inkanyezi Creche, I joined two other volunteers from Australia in singing songs to teach the students their colors, body parts, and shapes. The children and the women who take care of them are amazing and truly make you feel welcome.
 
Also a part of this experience was a house-building project for an elderly lady (gogo in Zulu) in the community. She currently lives alone in a 10’ X 10’ (just over three meters squared) house. We laid the concrete floor in her new house on our first day and then put the roof on during the second day with the help of an experienced builder. What struck me the most was the gogo’s genuine gratitude and kind nature. I learned many lessons on this particular project, but perhaps the most important was this: Being happy isn’t about how many material possessions you have. Happiness comes from within.
This week, I’ll be on healthcare and HIV / AIDS outreach within the community. If it’s anything like my first week, I’m sure it will give me an even greater appreciation for this once in a lifetime experience. Hats off to all the African Impact volunteers and its staff for making this trip something I will cherish for the rest of my life.


 
Here at A.I. St Lucia we would like to say a HUGE thanks to Brian and all our volunteers so far in 2015 for all their hard work and commitment to our projects.

3 comments:

  1. What is the problem troubling you? Do you need your Ex Back?, Do you have problems in your marriage? Do you have fight with your ex? are you in trouble of debt?, Do husband or wife divorce you?,what are those things killing your happiness?, making you so unhappy? you don’t have to worry no more because i have got a quick way in solving problems.

    My husband and I are both directors and shareholders in our family business. We have been married for 20 years but my husband is now going for a divorce, i agreed in the first place but i later realized what happens to my family and what rights will I have in the business if my husband divorce me, and i have worked so hard for my family and this business, i was incomplete and wondered what to do because he already went to court. I browsing on the internet when i saw a post on how a spell caster called Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack helped someone bring back her ex, so i wondered if he can help me, i gave him the try and contacted him at his email nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com, he told me not to worry that everything would be alright, i gave him the chance to cast the spell, he told me that in 48 hours my husband will come back and beg me, i never believed it at first, surprisingly completing 48 hours he came back and started to beg me not be to be annoyed about what he did, and now we are happy again. Thank you Chief Nwaluta Mallam Zack today my home is restored back if you are going through similar problem you can contact him at his private email {nwalutaspelltemple@gmail.com} Jessica Galan USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346




    ReplyDelete